1753435 Members
4439 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dat 24 and netware 6

Perry_9
Occasional Contributor

dat 24 and netware 6

I have an older surestore dat 24 part number C5653-69202. Has anyone got this drive to work with Netware 6? Is there a compatibility problem here?

Thanks,
Perry
6 REPLIES 6
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

The C5653A is a DAT 24 external unit configured for a UNI system .. I will have a look into the switch settings configuration for Netware 6 - usually it is just down to having a compatible software for Netware 6 - the new version of Tapeware is fully compatible www.tapeware.com.

Will get back to ya

Jeff
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

If you have a little bank of switches on the underside of the drive, the 3rd switch from the left should be off and the rest switched on. Apart from adaquate termination, you just need a compatible backup s/ware..

BTW I meant UNIX not UNI above :)

jeff
Perry_9
Occasional Contributor

Dip switch labeled #3 is off and the rest are on. I was trying to use Novell's enhanced SBACKUP known as SBCON software but is does not work. I believe the surestore DAT24 drives without the dip switches are supposed to work with SBCON but as for this one, I can use the tape utilities in SBCON but when I do a backup the software reports a media dismount message. (note: everything works fine when using Windows XP backup software) My old drive quit working and this one is a refurbished one from HP but I assume the refurbished drives still have everything checked out.
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

Hey Perry
Netware isn't my speciality I'm afraid - have you tried contacting Novell to check if SBackup will work with this product?

jeff
Perry_9
Occasional Contributor

I checked Tapeware's and Veritas' web site for tape drive compatibility. They both list model C1537A which is what my manual says and what my Adaptec AHA2940 adapter says my drive is but the number on the drive is C5653. Does any body support this drive?
Jeff XSi
Frequent Advisor

It is essential a C1537A mechanism so it should be supported. However it is sold as a "DAT24 eU" - It was intended for Unix based systems.

Jeff