1752302 Members
4702 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

dlt 80i and hpux 11.0

Terja
Frequent Advisor

dlt 80i and hpux 11.0

I have a dlt80i/e drive brand new, trying to connect it to a C3600 running hpux 11.0, using the onboard lvd se port. at isl prompt the system can see this drive, and correctly identifies it, once ux11 is booted, it crates lbolt errors, and refuses to acknowledge the drive in ioscan. It is the only external device on the chain. Internally there are two disk drives connected at addresses 5 and 6. this drive is address 2. has anyone done this successfully. I spoke to hp US, and we could not come up with an answer.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp forum Moderator

UNIX - Live free or Die
5 REPLIES 5
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: dlt 80i and hpux 11.0

Hi there.
You should hook this device on a separate interface, because chaining this device might slow it down, so it would not go into streaming mode and transport the tape forth and back. The interface should be F/W/D SCSI.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Verify SCSI termination.
Terja
Frequent Advisor

The tape drive actually requests a LVD type port. ALso, termination, is using an LVD type active terminator. ANy other suggestions
UNIX - Live free or Die
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Try with STM and EMS for diagnostic.
Terja
Frequent Advisor

THE SOLUTION:

Ended up being a bent pin on the scsi cable.
Thats why it showed up correctly in ISL but
not once the OS booted.
UNIX - Live free or Die