108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

esL9326d Firmware upgrade failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Edmiston
Occasional Advisor

esL9326d Firmware upgrade failed

During a firmware upgrade, the win2k box running the upgrade rebooted.
Now the ESL will not come up.
The GUI control does not even come on.
No lights on the tape drives either.
Also, the tape tools can not find anything on the COM port.

What do I need to do to get the old firmware back or the new one on?
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: esL9326d Firmware upgrade failed

I hope you have contract/warranty for this library. Library probably has its flash EEPROM corrupt - there's only a part of new firmware, but old firmware image is not valid any more.
I think you need to call HP to at least understand if there're any options before replacing board containing EEPROM
Eugeny
Rob Edmiston
Occasional Advisor

Thanks.
I was hoping the system had a factory version elsewhere in the machine. I will make a call to HP.
Rob Edmiston
Occasional Advisor

Thanks.
I was hoping the system had a factory version elsewhere in the machine. I will make a call to HP.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Usually no, but could be. For example, in brocade switches - they can store 2 firmware images, if one is getting to be corrupt switch detects corrupt image and boots from another (second) image. In addition, these switches are capable of booting firmware from IP address - thus if firmware upgrade went badly completely one can boot switch from configured host, and then reflash again.
Please check if anything like this available in your library but I'am in doubt... never seen libraries capable of it. Usually if firmware upgrade went bad for drive or robot then affected component(s) got replaced
Eugeny