Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esl 322e tape library fan replacement steps needed

syedshah
Occasional Visitor

esl 322e tape library fan replacement steps needed

Hi everyone ,

i have esl 322e tape library.one of the fan got damaged and and i have the spare part available so i want to know what are the steps to follow to install that is replace the fan bearing partno:410640-001 in esl 322e tape library.

your early reply is highly appreciated in this regard,kindly i need your help.thanx a lot.
2 REPLIES
SUBHAJIT KHANBARMAN_1
Respected Contributor

Re: esl 322e tape library fan replacement steps needed

1. Power off the library.
2. Locate the failed drive cluster fan assembly and remove the two Phillips screws securing the fan assembly to the drive cluster.
3. Pull the fans and cover plate out from the drive cluster, being careful not to lose the screws or the washers. It may be necessary to use a long flathead screwdriver to release the slack for proper removal.
4. Disconnect the two power cables from the drive cluster.
5. Connect the power cables from the replacement fan assembly to the drive cluster, and tuck them back into the drive cluster.
6. Ensure the replacement fans show the air flow arrows pointing out of the drive cluster.
7. Install the replacement fans, washers, and spacer with the cover plate in the drive cluster with the two Phillips screws previously removed.
8. Power on the library.
syedshah
Occasional Visitor

Re: esl 322e tape library fan replacement steps needed

Dear Mr.subhajit,

Thanx a lot for ur valuable reply.