New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp ltt ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
John_602
Advisor

Dave,
I sent you the event logs. In one of the event logs you will see that the library only has 4 drive. I removed two drives I thought were bad. After removing the two drives I still had the same problem.
I do have problems with my backup software that I am running. Indications from the backup software point to these two drives.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Eventlog (2/27 at 14:47)
Shows library and 4 drives. There were I/O timeouts to every device (changer and each drive):

Eventlog backup1 (2/27 at 13:38)
Shows library with 6 drives. Shows a timeout to 6/0.0.3 (\Tape1, and drive 2 in the library counting from 1).

I would guess something is wrong in the fibre to SCSI bridge or in the SAN fabric. What kind of errors do you have in the windows system event log?
The journey IS the reward.
John_602
Advisor

The only Event log error message is "The device, \Device\Scsi\cpqfcalm1, did not respond within the timeout period."

I have changed out everything with the system. New HBA cards, new fiber cables, new tape controller, new scsi cables. The only thing that I have not changed out is the fiber switch. Could the problem actually be with the TL895? Problem with the robotics controller?
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

> The only Event log error message is "The device, \Device\Scsi\cpqfcalm1, did not respond within the timeout period."

Those most likely correlate to the timeouts reported in LTT.

> I have changed out everything with the system. New HBA cards, new fiber cables, new tape controller, new scsi cables. The only thing that I have not changed out is the fiber switch. Could the problem actually be with the TL895? Problem with the robotics controller?

I would suspect something the data path from the host to the drive. That typically excludes the library robotics (which do not touch the data path).

Either the driver timeouts are way too short, or there is some communications problem in the fibre that is common to all the drives that are failing. I would look between the HBA and the switch, and then the switch and the router (bridge, or what ever you want to call it).
The journey IS the reward.