108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: import client failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
mithibaiguy

import client failed

hi
I installed Hp Omniback II 4.0 on a 2000 server and installed a client on another windows 2000 server running exchange server 2000. at the end of installation it gives an error "import client failed".
can someone help me on this???

Bharat
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

You need to add an entry to the client from the Cell Manager in the /etc/hosts and vice versa. On HP/UX, enter it in the /etc/hosts. On Win NT/2000, enter it on \WINNT\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Example, if the Cell Manager's IP is 192.168.0.1 and hostname is Cellmanager, enter this in the hosts file from the client:

192.168.0.1 Cellmanager

If the client's IP is 192.168.0.65 and hostname is Client, enter this in /etc/hosts from the Cellmanager:

192.168.0.65 Client

That should work.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Oh well I noticed you have both in Windows 2000. Enter both ion the WINNT/System32/drivers/etc/hosts file then.

Test whether you see eachother by typing ping from both machines.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
mithibaiguy

hi
Thank you very much for ur help

its workin............!!!

Bharat
mithibaiguy

Hi
I started backing up my exchange server and it throws an error while backing up the mailboxstore
"[Major] From: OB2BAR@chamaeleon.baazee.com "Microsoft Exchange Server (Microsoft Information Store)" Time: 6/14/2002 1:31:03 PM
Aborting connection to BSM. Abort code 2.

[Major] From: OB2BAR@chamaeleon.baazee.com "Microsoft Exchange Server (Microsoft Information Store)" Time: 6/14/2002 1:31:03 PM
Aborting connection to BSM. Abort code -2.

Can someone help with with this?

Bharat