5314 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

magazines for 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader?

SOLVED
Go to solution

magazines for 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader?

Hi everyone.
My company is about to buy the 1/8 G2 autoloader library, but we have an "hamletic doubt" we can't solve.
With our old library (MSL5026) we have a 5 day rotation that uses 5 magazines (3 left and 2 right) one for each business day.
I read in the unit's specs that the 1/8 G2 has the right and left magazines too, and each one has 4 slots.
Since we are interested to duplicate our workflow with it, we want to buy some magazines , but we don't know some essential details:

1) how many and what kind of magazines are delivered in the box with the library?
I *could* risk an assumption that one right and one left handed magazine are standard options, but this is not certain.
2) If indeed we get 2 magazines, we thus need 2 more lefts and 1 more right one.
This would be good, if only there was the product code for the left magazines!
I can only find the code for the right one , which is AH167A.
In its description is explicitly said "For use only on the right side of the 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader".
So, the question is: where the hell do get the code for the left magazine????

Thank you all for your time and help.

Michele
7 REPLIES 7
Rod Smith_2

Re: magazines for 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader?

The unit is OEM'd from Tandberg (actually Exabyte, acquired by Tandberg) and known as the Storageloader.

http://www.exabyte.com/products/products/get_products.cfm?prod_id=721

808738 4-Slot LH Magazine 4-Slot spare left hand magazine for StorageLoader 1U LTO autoloaders

I cannot find the HP part number either. This system is not listed in the HP Parts Store that I can find.

Rod Smith
Frank Van Riet
Advisor
Solution

Hi Michele,

The left magazine <<>> is not currently available <<>>

BTW : it's not OEM'd at Exabyte...<<< Edited>>>

Kind Regards,

Frank

Thank you both for your valuable information.
Guess we'll acquire the autoloader and three more right magazines, then, after the left ones become available, we'll acquire one.

My best regards and thanks again.

Michele

Thank you both for your valuable information! :-)

Guess we'll acquire the autoloader and two more right magazines (so we get 4 days covered to start), then, after the left ones become available, we'll acquire one.

My best regards and thanks again.

Michele

I already posted a conclusive reply to the thread without knowing I could also post it as a closing comment here.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind help!

Michele
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Caution - the HP 1/8 G2 is not in any way related to the Exabyte 8 slot autoloader. They have external similarities but are not related and parts are not interchangeable.

Thanks for the advice, Curtis.
By the way I had already understood I had to wait until the part is released by HP in june :-)

Thank you too

Michele