1748195 Members
3041 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: miscellaneous problems with Neo/MSL(5000/6000) tape librarys

Jens Oppermann

miscellaneous problems with Neo/MSL(5000/6000) tape librarys

Hi,

my name is jens and i have a lot of problems with my librarys.

My problem is:
I have 3 librarys. 2 of them have a overland neo 2000 chasis(hope i can say that here :) ) and one in a msl5000. the two neos both displayed themself as a hp msl library. one of those 2 librarys displayed himself as an msl6000. the third libary is a msl 5000(hp chasis)

i have to find out wich part of the msl6000(neo chasis) is responsible for displaying the msl 6000. I exchange diffrent parts of the librarys with each othe(logicboards,controller)
but the othere librarys displayed them as msl 5000 and not as a msl6000

excuses for my bad english :O .i am just 20 years old in my secound year of my apprenticeship!

thank you in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
MRSG
Frequent Advisor

I assume you mean they show on the servers connected as MSLs.

We have MSL6060s connected HPUX servers. It is the robot controller that is identified as MSL6000 by the schgr device driver
Jens Oppermann

no, i mean the displaying on the touchpannel.
my goal is that i can switch the msl status from library to library. Just by switching the responsible parts.
Mike Cross
Advisor

There is a setting on the front panel you need to touch Menu Under 3rd column touch SCSI/FC button. You will be prompted for a password enter 5566 then touch validate. Then scroll down 4 screens you will see
product identifcation. It will list the various Libraies select the one that you want. And that should solve your problem. The real question is why do you need to toggle back and forth???
Jens Oppermann

okay once again :)
my problem is:
that the touchdisplay is displaying the current status. that means my two neo librarys are displaying themself as msl5000 and msl6000. my goal is to find out
wich parts i must exchange for switching the msl5000 and msl6000 between the two displays.
Jens Oppermann

Okay I figure it out by myself.
The I/O SCSI Board is the part wich was responsible for displaying the current status!