New Discussion юеВ

Re: msl6060, San switch 2/16N ff, HP-UX 11i server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Otukile,
Never seen an new NSR with other ethernet settings than DHCP enabled or DHCP disabled + IP address 1.1.1.1 mask 255.255.255.0

Once I visited a customer that played with NSR menus and did set up by mistake a static IP address. Unfortunately he forgot this address and lost the serial cable.
We used a software tool for IP addresses detection installed on a laptop with a crossover cable, and finally we got this static IP. It took all the night.

I'm a bit surprised that you can't connect via serial port too. The default baud is 115200, but in NSR e2400 the default is 38400. Try this speed, it worth a try.
Try entering the key "X" instead of "CR". Try also to reboot your library keeping the NSR connected to a laptop with the terminal emulation program running and connected, in order to see if the very first messages of the NSR boot are readable.

In rare cases I experienced problems using windows Hyper Terminal. I abandoned it in favour of Kea or Powerterm.

Good luck
Claudio
otukile
Frequent Advisor

Thanks a million to all for all the help and suggestions. I think I will just have to replace it.

Final question on the side, in simpler terms than what is on the user guide, what is the function of PTM and its interface?
Don't panic
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Otulike,
before to give up I put a question:
-did you connect you NSR ethernet port to your LAN with an active DHCP server? It this assertion is true, your NSR received a dynamic address from DHCP server. You can check into your DHCP server cache in order to see if a strange device has received an address. The default hostname for the NSR is Router.

With PTM you mean Pass Thru Mechanism, I assume.
This option is used when you put together tow or more MSL libraries, in a vertical rack. PTM is an external "elevator" mounted in the back of libraries, as high as the sum of the libraries. PTM picks cartridges from a library and put in the other, and vice versa.
Was this your question?

Claudio