6293 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

mtx utility and SCO

Alfonso Sanchez
Occasional Contributor

mtx utility and SCO

Hi, everybody!
We recently adquired the HP SureStore DAT Autoloader Tape Drive. Manually (through the external buttons) works fine, but we'd like to use it with the mtx utility (in order to use a script and let it work unattended). The problem is we don't know how to use it (we don't even have an mtx file; we've got two files named mtx_odt3 and mtx_osr5). Are this compressed files? Are these the right files to use? We have read the command line options of mtx, but cannot apply them to a file. If we try something like
"mtx_osr5 -d /dev/nrStp1 -s"
it answers "Bad address".
Could anyone help us? Thanx a lot!!
2 REPLIES 2
Jaan Kold
Advisor

Re: mtx utility and SCO

Alfonso Sanchez
Occasional Contributor

Re: mtx utility and SCO

Thank you for your answer Jaan!
I already had this text document and the related mtx-files, but I don't get them to work!! On the CD there were two files that appear to be the right ones (mtx_odt3 and mtx_osr5) Do I have to rename them to mtx?
I downloaded the file from the HP ftp site (named sco_mtx) with similar results "mtx: syntax error at line 3: `mtx' unexpected". I tried to use it as it is (sco_mtx -d /dev/rStp1 -s) and also renaming it (mtx -d /dev/rStp1 -s).
Could someone give us "step-by-step" instructions after downloading the file of how to do this? (With the external buttons works fine!)

Thank you again!! :-)