108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ok i'm half way there

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ron Shapov
Occasional Contributor

ok i'm half way there

Alright guys, the new SCSI card is claimed, but I would expect the SureStore 2/20 to be seen now, and it isnt. Here is my 'ioscan -fnk' output.

ext_bus 4 0/10/0/0 c8xx CLAIMED INTERFACE SCSI C1010 Ultra160 Wide LVD
target 16 0/10/0/0.7 tgt CLAIMED DEVICE
ctl 4 0/10/0/0.7.0 sctl CLAIMED DEVICE Initiator
/dev/rscsi/c4t7d0

What step(s) am I missing?
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Ron,

Seems that you most likely have some sort of termination problem. Check your cable(s) and SCSI termination to make sure that they are of the correct type and work. This would be why the hardware does not show up in your 'ioscan' after adding the appropriate kernel drivers.

Cheers
Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Ron Shapov
Occasional Contributor

Hmm alright, I'll go on-site and check things out. When I opened the box for the SCSI card, I noticed the internal connector did not have a terminator, so I used one I had lying around. Could it be that I need to take that plug off the internal connector?

Also, I have another LVD port currently in use with a DS2300 array. If I were to switch the array to the new SCSI card, would that rename the disks (/dev/dsk/cXtXdX) or would everything be seamless?
Xavier Gutierrez_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Ron.

Yes, it will rename your special files because when you move from one card to another, you change from one bus instance # to another.

The bus instance number is the number between the c and the t in the special file's name.

So, It'll change.

Regards