StoreEver Tape Storage
1752637 Members
5723 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: scheduled backup problem

Charles Kelly_2

scheduled backup problem

proliant 1600 with stand alone 4mm dds tape. nt backup runs perfectly in attended mode, but all scheduled backups fail!.I want to backup to 5 tapes mon- friday and have scheduled a backup for each day using the correctly prepared tape assigned to the 4mm dds pool. Does anyone know how to schedule backups all help greatly appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Joey Jackson
Frequent Advisor

When you say it fails, what exactly do you mean? does it give you a particular error message?
Every Day is a Good Day
Jim Paige
Advisor

I have struggled with scheduled backups using NTBackup and now use an unmanaged system which uses a scheduled cmd file. This has been working fine.

Try looking at the attached file. I am using Travan and 4mm tapes with this system.
The moons a balloon
Charles Kelly_2

sorry for the delay in replying.
the scheduled backup does not start at all so therefore no backup. i have installed win2k sp3 in the hope that it contained a fix but this was to no avail.I would lke to continue using nt backup if at all possible.Thank you again for your assistance
Jim Paige
Advisor

I din't say in my previous reply that it was the .cmd file I scheduled directly in the schedueled Tasks not backup.
The moons a balloon
Charles Kelly_2

Please forgive my ignorance I am a networking novice, but just how exactly do you go about setting up the command file.Do you have to type it in dos mode from the C: prompt