1748112 Members
3364 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: surestore 2/20 firmware upgrade

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

surestore 2/20 firmware upgrade

I have downloaded the Sept 17 f/w bundle and extracted it to my L1000 server and then tried to update my library. The library section has all worked successfully but when it went to update the drive f/w it said that the file was corrupt. My current f/w is V059 and the LTT was trying to update to V086. I have checked the checksum of LTT_DLT8000_V086_OML3.frm and it is 1771080585 1188928. Can anyone tell me if this is a good checksum please, or do I have to try and download the files again?

cheers

malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
6 REPLIES 6
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Please don't upgrade the firmware from anywhere else other than STM.
if you don't have stm install it from the support CD or download it and install the same on your server
In STM select the Tape Drive and right click it will have the option of firmware upgrade.
give the path of the firmware file when asked for...
I have done it successfully on DLT 6/60 and also Ultrium 6/60 it works well..

Don't interuupt the process as it may take some time.
Regards,
Imran shaikh
I'll sleep when i am dead.
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for that response Imran, I was under the impression that the best way to upgrade was with L&TT. I saw the chance to get the STM version but ignored that. The strange thing was that the Install Log for the bundle showed no errors. I will try and download the STM version and give that a try,but it may be some time before I get the time to have the library again.
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar

Hi,

With "sum" on HP-UX I get 45558 2323 for the LTT_DLT8000_V086_OML3.frm file. I am not sure what checksum tool you used to get the other values, but it doesn't match the source files on the web or ftp site.

I also wanted to state that HP L&TT is the preferred tool for upgrading firmware on your device. STM can be used, but the two tools do not use the same firmware file for DLT drives. Make sure you have the correct firmware file for the tool you choose to use. If you are trying to use a STM wrapped firmware file with HP L&TT, it will be displayed as a corrupt file.

For firmware for use with HP L&TT download the following firmware bundle ├в

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=18483&prodSeriesId=34117&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=co582&locBasepartNum=co-14644-2&os=HP-UX+11.x&tech=Firmware++Bundle

For firmware for use with STM please download the following firmware bundle -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=18483&prodSeriesId=34117&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=co310&locBasepartNum=co-3053-9&os=HP-UX+11.x&tech=Firmware++Bund
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bryce, thanks for your input, I used the "cksum" command for the file which is how I came by my figures, so if you could use that on your file I will know if mine really is corrupt
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar

Malvin,
With cksum I get the same values as you.
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bryce
Thanks for that.
Ho-hum! will try and think of an alternative attack on our library while we have our long weekend break in the UK
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar