1748181 Members
3865 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

surestore 6/60 RMC problem

Jerry Zhu_2

surestore 6/60 RMC problem

Hi,
After I changed Surestore 6/60 network setting to fixed IP, it asked me to wait up to 3 mins, then I found I input wrong netmask, instead of 255.255.254.0 I put 255.255.255.254, then I tried to change it, it said "RMC not present or not yet availabe", I never use the RMC for this library before. Not sure if the netmask relate to this problem. No matter what I do, it doesn't allow me to change the network setting anymore. Anyone has any idea? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: surestore 6/60 RMC problem

Please install HP LTT from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html , generate support ticket and attach to your next reply.
BTW, did you try to power cycle library?
If this card will appear in LTT support ticket then you may try to reflash library's firmware
Eugeny
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: surestore 6/60 RMC problem

Remove the network cable from the RMC and power-cycle the library. You can check the LED's on the RMC after power up. When you get a solid green LED at the top "Ready" then check the front panel and you should be able to reset the RMC settings.

Note that it can take up to 5 minutes for the RMC to give up trying to initialize the network when there is no cable attached but the front panel will wait.