5244 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tape drives not showing up from msl6060

thedude_2
Occasional Advisor

tape drives not showing up from msl6060

Hi,
I have an msl6060 that is setup in the fabric of my eva6000. Currently the msl is setup in single initiator zones with two maps defined on the fiber card. The Data Protector cell manager can see both the library and the drives, but all other hosts can only see the drives. This has work fine on all of my servers except one. Everthing is setup right on this server (aliases, zones, map) I have double checked everything yet the server does not see the tape drives. I am currently at a loss b/c I don't generate any error messages. Also this server has san drives attached to it using the same alias for the fca that is in its tape zone (tape and eva have different zones) but nothing shows up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks..
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Can you give some details about the 2 maps?

Do you have 2 NSR's? 1 map each?

Double checn your default maps. Maybe those servers with issues are using one of the default maps that have either nothing defined, or limited devices defined.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
thedude_2
Occasional Advisor

I have 1 NSR and 2 maps that I have defined. All of the default maps are still there but nothing has been placed under them. When I connect over the serial interface and list the hosts on the map everything looks correct. I should also say that I manually entered all of my hosts and then placed them in the correct map before I setup the zones for each one.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

be sure the host show up in the NSR, double check the WWN of that host on the map of the NSR if it is correct
double chek in your switch if wwn is correct
double check in the host with the HBA utility if all is setup correctly (hbanywhere or sansurfer)
thedude_2
Occasional Advisor

I ended up opening a support ticket with hp. I turns out that the NSR must be on LUN 0 for windows 2003. Windows 2000 or anything else it does not matter. I created a new map on the NSR with the correct LUNs and everything works. Thanks to everyone that responded.