1752653 Members
5794 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ultrium 230 firmware update

Brian_130
Advisor

ultrium 230 firmware update

I started a firmware update on my drive and now the bars are about half way across the progess screen and have been sitting there for 30 minutes... heh Am I screwed?
16 REPLIES 16
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: ultrium 230 firmware update

Hi,

are you still fighting?
Could you give us more info about your tape configuration, internal,external,single etc..

Michael
Brian_130
Advisor

I ended the task and reboot the system and it looks like it took the upgrade... all tests were fine..

external is what i have.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Brian,

I would guess that you were using HP LTT on windows XP, 2000, or 2003.

On these OS platforms there is a "plug and play" windows feature that uses the drive firmware revision (returned in the SCSI Inquiry command) as part of unique device identifier. When the firmware revision changes, this functionality will see the device as removed ("Unsafe device removal" message appears) and then will rediscover the device as a "new" device. Usually LTT is able to finish the firmware update before the plug-n-play catches the change, but not always.

If you could email the "eventlog.ltt" file (stored in the logs folder) to ltt_team@hp.com, we can review the logs to see what happened.
The journey IS the reward.
Brian_130
Advisor

sent
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Brian,

I should have mentioned that the eventlog is for the last execution of LTT. The log you sent shows only a read/write test which passed. If you had run LTT once after the fimware update hang, then send us the EventLog_backup_1.ltt file. If you ran it twice, then *_2.ltt, etc. Or, you can just send us them all and we'll weed through them!
Brian_130
Advisor

will do.
Brian_130
Advisor

it works fine so I'm not sending it... thanks... oh it was upgraded. :)
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

OK, we'll assume it was a plug-n-play interaction, but without looking at the event logs I can't say for sure.
Brian_130
Advisor

ok what the heck..i just sent it