1748252 Members
4032 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

which MSL 2024 firmware?

JoshIT
Advisor

which MSL 2024 firmware?

hi, I have an MSL 2024 robotic library and I want to update the firmware in it. Some basic questions I have are:

1. The currently installed library firmware is 3.00 / 1.70e. And the currently installed drive (1) firmware revision is G54W. Does the firmware update involve updating both these?

2. I see the firmware in the following link. But how do I find out which of these is my tape library? I just can't seem to figure out which of these would be mine!.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1809913

3. There is a software called HP L&TT installed in this media server. These servers were handed over to me, so I don't really know how it was setup earlier. Could this be the software I should be looking for?

4. I assume I can update the firmware without having to reboot the media server (windows 2003)

Thanks very much for your replies/suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: which MSL 2024 firmware?

Just download the current LTT firmware bundle and extract it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1809913&swItem=co-38806-21&prodNameId=3303439&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

LTT will select the correct firmware for your device.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
JoshIT
Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

L&TT says something like unable to access drive 1 or something to that effect. What does this 'drive' do?

Also, would it be enough if I just upgrade the library firmware?

Thanks again.
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

Latest Library firmware is 4.20 nad latest Tape Drive firmware is G63W. Maybe you have not stop all backup software services thats why the Tape drive its no accesible. Is easy to upgrade library and drive firmware if you use RMI (Remote Manager Interface)

Pablo Alvarado Siles
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi JoshT:

Make sure you have stopped the backup software services. The backup software services can prevent LTT from accessing the tape drive.
JoshIT
Advisor

okay, though no backup jobs were running I didn't know that I had to stop all the backup exec services before doing this. I will try that and let you know.

Thanks very much for replying.