Telecom IQ
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Journey" - Our First Service Director Film

Telco_Editor

Author: Rolf Eberhardt, Head of Service Orchestration at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Before shooting off for my first holidays since the launch of Service Director, I wanted to share our first film on Service Director with you. "The Journey" brings the essence of Service Director and its revolutionary new approach to Orchestration to the point: we get rid of complexity. 

With Service Director, the designer does not have to describe (aka code) how a service must map onto other services or resources. He defines the goal. Like a GPS, Service Director will  chose the optimal configuration steps - on its own, based on the model, without human intervention. The science behind it is called Intent-based Modeling; cool stuff, check it out.

Getting rid of workflows kills complexity .... and believe me, we've got enough experience with classic order management and activation tools.

If you turn delivery efficiency into business processes, the result is agilty in service deployment, far greater operational flexibility and thus a cost benefit: and that's what Process OPEX is all about. Infrastructure OPEX improvements (namely NFV) need process agilty and efficiency to develop their full potential.

Service Director's intent-based model covers fulfillment AND assurance providing a cohesive end-to-end view of service operations. 

And once you've got Process OPEX under control, you're able to become a Digital Service Provider. 

Cheers,

Rolf Eberhardt, Head of Service Orchestration at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Want to learn more? Follow us on Twitter at @HPE_NFV & @HPE_CSP

hpe.com_csp_nfv.png CSPResources.jpg NFVResources.png @hpe_csp.jpg @hpe_nfv.png

0 Kudos
About the Author

Telco_Editor

Labels
Events
June 19 - 21
Las Vegas, NV
HPE Discover 2018 Las Vegas
Learn about all things Discover 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 19 - 21, 2018.
Read more
See posts for dates
See posts for locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more