The Cloud Experience Everywhere
1752805 Members
5546 Online
108789 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Cloud_Experts

HPE GreenLake by the numbers: Forrester study quantifies the savings and business benefits

The analyst firmโ€™s Total Economic Impact study presents some eye-opening stats on a range of metrics, including reduced TCO for infrastructure and operational cost savings.

HPE-GreenLake-cloud-services-hybrid cloud-Forrester-report.pngTo cloud โ€ฆ or not to cloud? For many years, that was the fundamental question facing IT teams as they considered ways to build, operate and regulate their infrastructure โ€“ and โ€˜cloud,โ€™ of course, generally meant public cloud. But with the rise of hybrid IT and the explosion of data at the edge, companies are looking for ways to break away from that either/or. And theyโ€™re finding it in HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform, a flexible and secure platform that enables businesses to harness their data wherever it resides, whether itโ€™s in data centers, in colocations, or at the edge.

If youโ€™ve been tracking the growth of this new approach and wondering what it can do for your business, hereโ€™s a great resource โ€“ a newly updated Forrester study: The Total Economic Impact of HPE GreenLake. The report, commissioned by HPE, examines some of the key cost savings and business benefits, using a โ€˜composite organizationโ€™ model based on interviews with enterprise IT leaders. The results are pretty eye-opening. For example, Forresterโ€™s modeling found that the HPE GreenLake platform reduced total cost of ownership for infrastructure by 45% and enabled operational savings of 65%.

The report even offers some dollar amounts for benefits for the composite organization. For example, for โ€œfaster time-to-market when deploying global IT projects,โ€ Forrester estimates a 3-year total risk-adjusted benefit of around $25.6 million.

I wonโ€™t reveal all of the findings here; if youโ€™re interested itโ€™s definitely worth clicking through to the full report. Iโ€™ll just add that, scattered throughout, youโ€™ll find some great insights from the IT decision-makers that Forrester talked to. Here are a few snippets:

CIO of a government agency: โ€œThe whole analog process of having to go get a PO cut to get the storage and compute that you need, wait for it to hit the floor, coordinate provisioning with field engineering to deliver and install โ€“ those are activities that would take months even in the private sector. That is now gone and built into my buffer. When I do scale, itโ€™s an automated process with HPE. I turn it on and itโ€™s on.โ€

Director of Global Infrastructure, Operations: โ€œHPE GreenLake has been a never-ending value generator. Itโ€™s not a one-time shot; weโ€™ve invested in more than hybrid infrastructure. This is a partner.โ€

Head of Engineering and Computing Services: โ€œWe have flexibility with a buffer for storage with HPE GreenLake. I have 50 TBs available when I need them, but I donโ€™t pay until I use it. Normally we would have to buy that hardware ahead of time.โ€

At around 20 pages or so, this is a quick read, and it packs in a lot of information that will be of real interest for anyone looking for what the report calls โ€œa framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of HPE GreenLake on their organization.โ€

Learn more about HPE GreenLake cloud services and how we help you deliver business outcomes faster.

Cloud Services Experts
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_GreenLake
linkedin.com/showcase/hpe-greenlake/
hpe.com/us/en/greenlake

0 Kudos
About the Author

Cloud_Experts

HPE experts share their insights on how you can transform your business with HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform โ€“ the cloud that comes to you, wherever your apps and data live.