Transforming IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about modular datacenters, converged datacenter infrastructure, and LEGO at HPE Discover

JeffJames
Full disclosure: Earlier in my career I had the opportunity to work for the LEGO Group, which is one of the world's premier toy manufacturers. Working for LEGO was just as cool as it sounds, and I have many fond memories of working there. That's why I was excited to learn that HPE Technology Services was using a LEGO model -- created not long ago by LEGO Certified Professional Matija Puzar -- as a visual representation of HPE modular datacenter facilities integrated with converged datacenter infrastructure (CDI). I've also added many more photos of the LEGO modular datacenter model to our HPE TS Discover 2016 Las Vegas Facebook photo gallery.

lego-model.jpg
While Puzar's original LEGO model design predates the HPE / HP Inc. corporate split of November 2015 -- note the blue legacy HP logo on some of the LEGO elements -- the model itself serves as a great representation of what HPE modular datacenter facility services has to offer.
If you're looking to expand your IT capability onsite, HPE can help you take a modular approach that allows you to easily add capacity one element at a time. This offering includings all the elements you need to bring agility to your workloads, including pre-configured HPE networking, storage, and servers, connected together with converged systems and software, and integrated with HPE datacenter cooling and power solutions. HPE even makes ordering and paying the system straightforward, offering a fixed monthly facility payment with a variable IT payment based on actual metered usage.

Find out more about HPE modular datacenter and CDI offerings in the session "Integration of modular Datacenters and converged Datacenter infrastructure (BB9511)" at HPE Discover 2016 in Las Vegas, or visit the Datacenter Facilities for Hybrid Infrastructures demo station on the show floor.

For more information:

0 Kudos
About the Author

JeffJames

Jeff James is a Content Marketing Strategy Manager for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, focusing on HPE Technology Services. He is the former Editorial Director for the Petri IT Knowledgebase, and also was the Editor-in-Chief of both Windows IT Pro and Microsoft Technet Magazine. Jeff also served as an editorial director at the LEGO Company, and has more than 20 years of experience as an award-winning technology writer, journalist, and digital content producer. Jeff started writing technology articles for AmigaWorld, Computer Gaming World, and other tech publications and websites in the early 1990's.