1748010 會員
4956 線上
108757 解決方案
發表新文章

How to check the error log on ES45?

watermelonyu
教授

We encountered an Oracle error. Oracle said this is a a Memory Corruption with damage done to the database. However, we checked '/var/adm/messages' without any error. Oracle wanted us to get our Hardware Vendor to check the Memory Boards , Disk Controllers , CPU's etc. How can I do?

Thanks

Eric
5則回覆 5
watermelonyu
教授

Hi Eric,

It should be recorded these error events into /var/adm/binary.errlog if encountering

a HW error event, such as CPU, Memory, Disk I/O, adapter,.... or any events on Alpha

Tru64 UNIX. Please using the command "uerf -R" (dia -R or wsea x summ index if both

subsets have installed) check first.

Otherwise, please following these suggestions from metalink of Oracle website updated

as below example:

> O/S Information:

> Tru64 UNIX 5.1b patchkit 3 or greater is required. You must also edit the following

> parameters in the /etc/sysconfigtab file:

>

> vm: new_wire_method = 1

> vfs: fifo_do_adaptive = 0

>

> Note:That setting new_wire_method = 1 should increase overall performance. If you are

> using 5.1b patchkit 2 or less, you should set new_wire_method = 0

PS: The default value of new_wire_method is 1 at all of Alpha UNIX V4.X or V5.X.

Please change it to 0 if the oracle runon less then V5.1B/PK3.

Of course, please return it to "0" if your environment is already runon V5.1B/PK3

or PK4.

Best regards,

Richard.

watermelonyu
教授

Hi Richard,

When using 'uerf -R', we got the following error at the last line,

--------------------------

# uerf -R > log0902

Error reading syserr file.

--------------------------

How should I do?

Thanks

Eric

watermelonyu
教授

Hi Eric,

> --------------------------

> # uerf -R > log0902

>

> Error reading syserr file.

> --------------------------

Please change the file permission as "# chmod 755 /var/adm/binary.errlog" on V4.X or "# chmod 755 /var/cluster/members/{memb}/adm/binary.errlog" on V5.X.

Summary: Please directly modify the new_wire_method of vm subsystem from 1 to 0 as the above suggestion then reboot this problem system for the memory error while running the Oracle DB.

Best regards,

Richard.
watermelonyu
教授

I used #uerf -R was worked.

but #uerf -R -r 301 was failed

# uerf -R -r 301|more

Error reading syserr file.

uerf version 4.2-011 (122)

the permission of binary.errlog file had been changed .

watermelonyu
教授

Hi Rambo,

Please show the Alpha system model from the following commands:

# sizer -v

# uerf -R |grep AlphaS |head -1

Or

# grep AlphaServer /var/adm/messages

The following information capture from HP note conference for reference:

> The "uerf" is being retired and as the error log entries, header info, and architecture specific info entries change,

> uerf will become less and less capable to interpret the data in the binary.errlog. The retirement of uerf started

> around Tru64 Unix version 4.0d and the notification has been in the release notes, albeit, probably not stated

> in as straight-forward a manner as possible. I believe the Tru64 Unix version 5.1A release notes mention the

> uerf impending retirement in chapter 2...

So that the GS series, ES, & DS series systems on DS10/20, ES40/45, GS80/160/320 and Marvel series

ES47/ES80/GS1280 should use the CompaQ Analyze tool. See

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/

The other Alpha systems please using the DECevent (dia) instead of uerf running on Tru64 UNIX V5.1X.

Best regards,

Richard.