TruCluster
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice to configuring multiple CAA Application on TruCluster.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rajesh SB
Esteemed Contributor

Best practice to configuring multiple CAA Application on TruCluster.

Hi Experts,

Basically I am new to TruCluster, but worked in HP MCSG Cluster.

We have TruCluster setup configured with Enterprise Application as CAA Application. Ofcourse it is using default Cluster Alias.

Now I need to configure one of the adapter application on the same cluster.

I would appreciate your best practice idea on this task.

Currently I am thinking of defining
additional Cluster CAA Profile, Action Script and saperate Alias.

OR

Is there any way to use default Alias for additional CAA Application. Like in HP MCSG Cluster, we use package configuration where we can include additional cluster service to monitor, start and stop.

I appreciate your valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh

2 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Best practice to configuring multiple CAA Application on TruCluster.

I don't know about this Enterprise Application but basically, the cluster alias is independent of the CAA resource.

You can bind many caa resources to the same cluster alias, or you can create a new cluster alias for this resource, this is more apropiate when the specific resource won't be available on all nodes, for example:

The default cluster alias is available for all nodes, so, run caa resources that runs on all nodes using this alias.

If you have an applications that runs for example, on two of four nodes, use another alias, or if you have a different load balance scheme, for example, redirect all connections to the same server until unavailable (selp).
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Best practice to configuring multiple CAA Application on TruCluster.

If you are using the default cluster alias for your "Enterprise Application" and this application is not cluster-aware - i.e. not active on multiple cluster members at once, you may be getting some unintended network interactions/traffic. As the previous reply points out, all cluster members are always active on the default alias. If your "Enterprise Application" is not cluster aware, you may want to adjust the 'selp' attribute of your default alias so that there is no cluster interconnect traffic. Set the selp attribute higher on the cluster member hosting the "Enterprise Application." This can easily be automated in the CAA script for the Enterprise Application.

To fail over applications completely independently of one another you need a separate alias per application.