TruCluster
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Break DS25 cluster into two simplex machines

Advisor

Break DS25 cluster into two simplex machines

I want to break my DS25 cluster into two simplex machines .Can anyone please tell me the procedure to do this ?
Should i remove the cluster interconnect cable and then start right away with OS installation ?
Saju
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Break DS25 cluster into two simplex machines

Hi Saju,

What cluster interconnect are the machines using ? Probably memory channel or ethernet...

If you are using memory channel, and you're not likely to want to set up the cluster again, you might to want to remove the memory channel cards. On some machines they can slow the PCI bus down.

As you mention OS installation can we assume you're not worried about keeping the data on the cluster ?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Advisor

The cluster interconnect is using ethernet cables .I have no problems in losing the data .Is the OS re-installation the only way or is it the last resort ? Can we try some other way ?
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You'll probably be best doing fresh installs on each server, as many of the file systems in a cluster are shared between both nodes, cluster_root, cluster_usr etc.

Cheers,

Rob
Honored Contributor

If you don't have problems with data loss, then reinstall everything.

If you don't want to lose someting, then you can use a single node cluster, and reinstall the other node, and restore the configuration specific values for the second node.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Valued Contributor

hi,

I do support the reinstall the os. you may copy some files before destroying the os.
List is attached herewith.

Shardha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event