TruCluster
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create client handle - STATv1: RPC: Program not registered ?

Gary Hansford
Frequent Advisor

Can't create client handle - STATv1: RPC: Program not registered ?

Hiya All,

I've just built a new cluster with 5.1B-3 and am having real fun & games!! Now finally it seems to be working, have noticed on booting the second node however, the following messages appear: -

Sep 15 14:39:37 srukfisch2 CAAD[1049378]: Resource cluster_lockd is already running on member ukfisch3
Sep 15 14:40:11 srukfisch2 lockd[1049866]: Can't create client handle to srukfisch2.merlonieldo.com STATv1: RPC: Program not registered
Sep 15 14:40:11 srukfisch2 lockd[1049866]: call_rpc to srukfisch2.merlonieldo.com STATv1 failed: RPC: Program not registered
Sep 15 14:40:16 srukfisch2 lockd[1049866]: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

Is there something wrong - or are these messages benign ?

Cheers for any help

Gary
3 REPLIES
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't create client handle - STATv1: RPC: Program not registered ?

The first message about the cluster_lockd is definitely benign. The others aren't a concern unless you're providing highly available NFS services from your cluster to clients.

If you are using HA NFS, a couple things to check:

Is the portmapper running on both your cluster nodes? Do you have any security measures in place that would prevent communications over TCP or UDP port number 111? Portmap/RPC requires pretty much free access through that port to work.
Gary Hansford
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply Mark, but I am not running NFS on this cluster.

Checked via SYSMAN, no NFS client or server configured for this cluster or any members...

The weird thing is cannot find this message in the first nodes daemon.log after booting. Just looks to be affecting the 2nd node...
Gary Hansford
Frequent Advisor

I think i've found the cure.

Went into SYSMAN, for cluster disable NFS client (even though said not in use) and NFS server.

Rebooted the box.. no more messages !!!

Weird.. :-|

Cheers for the pointer Mark...