TruCluster
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cluster interconnect for trucluster 5.0

Cluster interconnect for trucluster 5.0

Hi wanted to configure Trucluster 5.0 with LAN Interconnect as cluster interconnect is it supported with tru64 5.0,i searched on compaq website but i am not able to find out,i am getting procedure for tru645.1a/5.1b.
Please reply.
5 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Cluster interconnect for trucluster 5.0

Lan Interconnect is supported from TruCluster v5.1A onwards.

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Honored Contributor

Tru64/TruCluster Version 5.0 is not supported any more.

LAN-Interconnect is not supported with this version only memory channel.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Occasional Advisor

And the procedure for installing a TruCluster when using the Lan CI is in the TruCluster documentation set (available online at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/)
Frequent Advisor

It is possible to do Trucluster 5.0 with Lan interconect, the only problem, is that you will not have technical support, but is possible I've seen one running in terms of experiment running like that.
Honored Contributor

Version 5.0 is not optimized for speeding over interconnect and has lack of features introduced with 5.1 and 5.1a necessary for lan interconnects (btw. if it is not supported it means the "feature" doesn't pass the engineering test.)

Support is a serious issue, because no HP/3rd Party vendor support staff will be interested on your problem if the whole software/hardware combination and configuration is not supported.
A cluster is a critical part of a company, running without a garanteed support is a risky business.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event