TruCluster
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 3-Node Tru64 cluster to single member.

SOLVED
Go to solution
wildfiremaint
Occasional Contributor

Convert 3-Node Tru64 cluster to single member.

Hi all,

I have a 3-node cluster running V5.1B and I would like to convert this

to only a single node.   Does anyone have any pointers to Manuals / Best Practice docs

that explains how to do this ?

Thanks,

John Welsh.

==========

2 REPLIES
Martin Moore
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Convert 3-Node Tru64 cluster to single member.

The easiest method is to just remove two members and continue on as a one-member cluster.  See section 5.8 in the cluster admin manual, http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARHGYETE/TITLE.HTM.

If you want to return to a completely standalone system without the cluster software involved, this is harder; there's no simple method to "uncluster" a cluster member.  You'd have to restore (from pre-cluster backups, if you have them) or reinstall.  Or if you have an Emergency Repair Disk on the cluster, you could use that as a starting point. 

A one-member cluster may sound a little odd, but there's no real disadvantage to it.  We have one in our lab that started out with four members, and over the years the other members have gradually been peeled off to perform other functions.

Martin

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

wildfiremaint
Occasional Contributor

Re: Convert 3-Node Tru64 cluster to single member.

Thanks Martin,

It seems I will have to bite the bullet and reinstall  -  thanks for your input.

Best regards,

John Welsh.

==========