Did you mean: 

Disaster recovery for TruCluster 5.1A

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pedro Ruiz Lastra
Occasional Contributor

Disaster recovery for TruCluster 5.1A

Hello all:

I'm new in Trucluster administration and I need to prepair a disaster recovery procedure. I have a trucluster 5.1A with two DS20 nodes.

I have looked at Administration manual I can know that I need to copy the cluster_root, cluster_usr and cluster_var domains, the boot partition of each node and extract the h partition information of each boot partition.

Is it all the necesary information I need to restore the system? Is there any better method ? How can I restore the system ?

TIA
3 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Disaster recovery for TruCluster 5.1A

Another way is to configure the installation system properly, e.g. installing patches, configure each component, prepare CAA applications before creating the cluster.

So it is easy to recreate the cluster from scratch using the primary installation disk.

If using this way remove the installation disk after the cluster will be created and move it to a save place within the company.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Ralf,

I was looking for information on cluster recovery in the section best practices. According to the title it should there, but when I click on it, I cant't find any further reference to that. Am I missing something?

Michael

In the Cluster Administration Manual chapter 11 there is some procedures for recovery of a cluster system. Make shure that you understand the difference of restoring to known disks (eg. restoring filesystems back to you old disks) and restoring to new disks (in the case of a total disaster recovery. The last one can be a bit tricky and in this case it could be usefull to have it documented and maby even trained on it by restoring your production backup to a test system.