Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Channel

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan NGUYEN
Occasional Contributor

Memory Channel

Has Anybody got any spare Memory Channels and want to throw them away ?

I'd like to set up the cluster in Tru64, then install Oracle RAC for learning ?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Memory Channel

Hi Alan, I remember your previous post about using lan interconnect or memory channel for the Cluster Interconnect. If you are in the process of learning, you don't have to setup your cluster using memory channel, you can use lan interconnect in this case.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Alan NGUYEN
Occasional Contributor

Ivan,

Can the lan interconnect work in active/active mode or just the active/passive mode only ?

Somebody advised me that memory channel is required if installing oracle RAC ?

Thanks.
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

I had one test RAC installation (not production) on 2 node cluster with LAN interconnect. I even used RDG (v5.1 PK4).
Good for testing applications.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Yes, I was the one that recomended that, but, you can use oracle RAC with lan interconnect. I had "other" problems related to network interfaces (autonegotiation, switch and so on) normally presented at boot time. Once the cluster was up, noramlly no major problems.

You can use lan interconnect for RAC specially if its only for learning purposes. You won't note any difference.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Alan NGUYEN
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Ivan and Vladimir.
I apprecitated your time.