Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving EVA and Cluster to another location

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Honored Contributor

Moving EVA and Cluster to another location

Hello
There is TRU64 cluster (two ES47 and EVA 3000) that have to be transported to another location. Rack with EVA have to be disassembled on original location and reassembled on another location. I have done such operations with MA8000 and had no problem. Everything was OK. But I have never done it with EVA storage. Did someone do it with EVA? Is there something special with EVA that may cause problem?
Thanks
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
3 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moving EVA and Cluster to another location

No problem. Should work the same way as with the HSG80. You just have to make sure (just as on the HSG80) that the controllers are shutdown as you don't want to run out of battery power while there still is data in the cache. I'm not sure if you're planning to take the EVA apart in order to make it easier to move, but even that should work (as long as it is done with the power off). But I would prefer not to do that at all.
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Han
I would also prefer not to do that at all, but there is no other way. Rack would hardly pass the door and it would be much easier to take the EVA apart.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, that should work. Make sure that everything is properly connected again before turning on the power.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event