Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network configuration

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Contributor

Network configuration

Hi,

Recently, I just took over responsiblity on changing the network configuration on a Tru64 system in a 2 node clustered environment.

With no knowledge working on this platform before. Can someone tell me what can I do to change the netmask value in the system? Will changing of netmask impact on the cluster environment?

I know in Solaris, there is command such as ifconfig and the file /etc/netmask However I have no idea whether this works in Tru64 environment.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Regard,
KC
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Network configuration

Your main interface is: sysman
From there you can readily drill down to network (re) configuration.

There is an ifconfig, just like on Solaris.
The results end up in /etc/rc.config
You are discouraged from directly editing that file, but it has been known to be helpful. Be sure to also use: rcinet restart

Low level configurations like speed and half/full duplex are done with lan_config.

the man pages are your friend for all of the above.

Welcome to Tru64.

Hein.
Respected Contributor

Hi KC,

In the TruClusterServer Cluster Administration book, you find all you need in chapter 5.10

Look in http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_ACRO_DUX/ARHGYETE.PDF

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Honored Contributor

My first question after reading your question: Which version of Tru64? How can we know which version you are using, you know there are differences between each version?
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for those who has reply. I found the documentation on the Tru64 website very useful.

The version of Tru64 is "OSF1 cronus V4.0 1229 alpha". I didn't know the major different for the OS would have any impact on the configuration.

I do have one more question. Under the file /etc/rc.config, it has specify netmask value for the IFCONFIG parameters. Will changing this value be enough to get the new IP address.

Regard,
KC
Honored Contributor

Changing the netmask within a trucluster V5 system is documentated at:

www.tru64unix.compaq.com -> documentation -> best practise -> cluster management -> changing ip/netmask of interconnect/members

You have not mentioned if you want to change the mask of the interconnect or public network. Changing /etc/rc.config is not the only change necessary.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event