Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem relocating a cluster resource.

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Advisor

Problem relocating a cluster resource.

Hi,

I'm facing problem with relocating a cluster resource between members (not even to start the resource in member1). When i checked the #hwmgr v d , two disks devices (dsk61 and dsk62)are missing in member1 and i'm able to view these disks in member2. These disk are related to the cluster resources which are not failing over to member1. All other cluster resources are working fine.

OS --> 5.1
Patch --> PK5
Server --> ES40
Storage --> HSG80
Fibre Channel Card --> KGPSA-BC : Driver Rev 2.02 : F/W Rev 3.03A1(1.31)

early response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
TVD
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem relocating a cluster resource.

Sounds like a selective storage presentation problem in your HSG 80. Can you post the results of a SHOW UNITS FULL command from the HSG80 console?
Occasional Visitor

Mark,

Please find the attached for the details. Also i could find one of the KGPSA-BC card faulty in member1. But will this prevent dsk61 and dsk62 in member1?? i could also see these two disks are online to other controller.

Thanks,
TVD
Honored Contributor

I'm assuming there are two HBAs in each member and you have redundant SAN fabrics. If that is the case and your fabrics are set up correctly, failure of a single HBA will not cause loss of access. If however, both ports of the top controller were plugged into one fabric and both ports of the bottom controller into the other, you could have exactly the problem you're having. I think you need to verify the way your fabrics are wired up.
Trusted Contributor

Could you show (attach) a:
hwmgr -show scsi -full
Trusted Contributor

Hi Terrance
Now I found the output in your first post, and I agree with Mark. The difference between the visible disks (dsk38) and dsk62 is the controller they are online. If your fibres are set up correctly each disk should be seen with 4 valid paths:
hwmgr -show scsi -full
310: 7 memeber1 disk none 2 4 dsk5 [0/0/5]
WWID:01000010:6005-08b4-0001-28f5-0000-e000-0115-0000

BUS TARGET LUN PATH STATE
---------------------------------
0 0 5 valid
0 1 5 valid
3 2 5 valid
3 1 5 valid
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event