TruCluster
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SAP integration Data Protector 5.5 for TruCluster

SAP integration Data Protector 5.5 for TruCluster

Hello,

what can be wrong in configuration, but when I start to backup SAP instance brbackup (and other ..) starts on other node than database is ?

regards,
Michal
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: SAP integration Data Protector 5.5 for TruCluster

Hi Michal,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, however you should probably check with cfsmgr that the file systems for the database are being served by the node that you think they are...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob

Hello,

more detailed description:
we have 3 SAP ERP system running on 3 node cluster. Developing and test systems on one node, productive (database and CI) on second, dialog for productive on third. We instaled DP 5.5 agent software and did integration (following manual, looks successfully) for devolping system on begining. But when we start backup (from Cell Manager located on Windows) the whole proccess (including brbackup) starts on other node than developing system is running and fails (because brbackup looks that database is closed on that node, try to open and so on ...- correct behaviour).
What is wrong in configuration ?

In my opinion cfsmgr has nothing to that problem, by the way file system are served by correct node.

regards,
Michal
Honored Contributor

OK. How are the hosts defined in Data Protector ? By their individual hostname or by the cluster alias ?

I seem to recall DP 5.5 not handling the cluster alias particularly well...

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob,

in manual they say virtual_alias_name and I did so.
It should be virtual because if service (and alias) failovers to another node ...

regards,
Michal
Honored Contributor

Hi Michal,

The cluster alias will normally round robin around the three nodes, if I remember correctly. Therefore DP could connect to the node where the database is closed.

I would suggest using each individual node name rather than the cluster alias. That way you will be guaranteed to be talking to the node where the database is - unless you have a failure of course.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event