cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRU Cluster With Oracle

TRU Cluster With Oracle

Dear Experts,
I Wanted to install oracle 8.0.5 on Trucluster 5.1B,As per HP its not certified solution,but is anybody having such solution?is there any issues with this configuration? client is not in position to procure the latest oracle.if i installed this configuration will it work without any problems?
Your help will be apreciated.
4 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: TRU Cluster With Oracle

I've found no information about customer using this combination and right it is not certified. So if you are running this combination in production you are in trouble if a problem occure.

Maybe it is better to downgrade to a Tru64 version certified with Oracle 8.0.5
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }

Thanks Ralf,
I cant downgrade bacause customer is having LAN interconnect as a cluster interconnect which is not supported in older version of tru64,only thing i wanted to know will there be any issues while installation or oracle 8.0.5 on Tru cluster 5.1B,Has any body tried before & faces any problems .
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Ask Oracle if there are any patches required to install the database on V5.1B. Maybe it addresses problems also with older versions of oracle.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Juha Vierinen
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

We have V5.1A and oracle 8.0.5/8i in the same computer without any problems. The version V5.1B should not be a problem, but you should test this compination first if you can. Hope this helps?