Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tru64 cluster NTP configuration

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

Tru64 cluster NTP configuration

Hello

I have two node Tru64 cluster. They are configured by default, one is NTP server and another in NTP client.
Now my client bought real NTP server (I don't know brand but it is tied hardware NTP server)
Now I need both nodes to see to push time from that NTP server.
My question is: Is it normal procedure (remove from one node ntp server configuration, set both client configuration) because this is cluster (not snadalone server). Can I cause cluster to crash if I change ntp configuration ? Also if anyone now procedure, please write
3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Tru64 cluster NTP configuration

It should be safe to set both cluster members as clients to your external NTP source (and as peers to each other).

TruCluster members are not dependant on time synchronisation for their internal functions.... their applications may be, but the TCR s/w is not.

An alternative favored by some users, is to configure TCR ntp with 1 member syncronised to the external NTP server, and the other member(s) syncronised to the first member as ntp server, and each other as peers.

Nobody can serve both God and Money
Honored Contributor

I allways used external NTP server for time sinc whenever possible.
And that worked perfectly.
Do not worry about crash if you change ntp configuration.
But first test it: stop ntp service and set time with ntpdate on both members, and then start ntp service with new setings.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Frequent Advisor

Thank's
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event