Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TruCluster 1.6 Panic

Regular Advisor

TruCluster 1.6 Panic

Hi,

I have 2 x Tru64 4.0F with Trucluster available server 1.6 installed.

problem is when i reboot the 1 server the other server will reboot also.

but relocating of service without shuting down one machine, it works well. Its just it panicd when the other node is when rebooted.
6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: TruCluster 1.6 Panic

Hi,

I'll guess that your quorum settings are incorrect, so that when one node goes offline, the other node loses quorum and consequently reboots...

Cheers,

Rob
Regular Advisor

Would you know where can I check the quorum settings?
Honored Contributor

Regular Advisor

Can't find clu_quorum command.
What I have is

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 37 Oct 27 2003 clu_install -> ../../usr/opt/TCR160/sbin/clu_install
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 33 Oct 27 2003 clu_ivp -> ../../usr/opt/TCR160/sbin/clu_ivp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 44 Oct 27 2003 cluster_map_create -> ../../usr/opt/TCR160/sbin/cluster_map_create
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 42 Oct 27 2003 cluster_map_sync -> ../../usr/opt/TCR160/sbin/cluster_map_sync

Honored Contributor

I think that command was not in 4.0F (very very old). Try the documentation at: http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/cluster_doc/cluster_16/TCR_ADM/TITLE.HTM
HPE Pro

We need some more details about the panic. In /var/adm/messages, what are the last few messages up to and including the panic?

Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event