Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TruCluster Default Alias...

Keith Tyson_2
Occasional Visitor

TruCluster Default Alias...

Hello.
I am a little confused. I have always been under the impression that when a telnet/ftp/ssh session is originated from a version 5.1B TruCluster member the originating address will be the default alias' one. I have a three node TruCluster, and am issuing an sftp {or to test a telnet session} to a remote server, over a WAN via a Cisco FireWall PIX. What I can see on the PIX, is that the originating address is from the specific cluster member. Yet to prove that I am not going mad a connection to any host on the LAN, and I get the source address as the default alias. Do any of you guys know if this means I have my routing tables mis-configured?? Can any of you give me a clue as to where I can start looking??
Thanks, in advance for your help.
Cheers!!!
Keith
2 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: TruCluster Default Alias...

maybe time to have a closer look into the trucluster manual describing in detail what addresses will be used in tcp and udp traffic.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Evert Jan van Ramselaar
Valued Contributor

Re: TruCluster Default Alias...

Hi Keith,

You might want to take a look at the file /etc/clua_services. After making modifications to this file, don't forget to run 'cluamgr -f'.

And on top of this, be sure to type 'man clua_services'... :)

EJ
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.