Did you mean: 

add new node to san switch

jousif
Frequent Advisor

add new node to san switch

Hi Admins,
related to trucluster v 5.1A,pk1,F.c swichs,HSG80
v 8.7f,2 ES40 servers(members),ORACLE DB
I would like to connect ES45 server to SAN cluster ( F.C switches)
and from the new server(ES45) I would like to copy files from DB disks to locale disks in new server.
please advise.
4 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: add new node to san switch

If you want to have direct I/O to the database disk, this node must be a member of the cluster or you must create a snapshot of your database disk and present to this host.

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Also jousif, I can see in your profile:

"I have assigned points to 50 of 97 responses to my questions."

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/publicProfile.do?userId=CA1321784&forumId=1

It's nice to assign points for the answers (good or bad answers).

Cheers.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

And unfortunately with V8.7F on your HSG80 you can't create controller-based snapshots or clones.

Hopefully your DB files are on AdvFS filesystems so you can create host-based clones. Bear in mind though that AdvFS clones can't become stand-alone copies of the original data.

Given your configuration the only way to create stand-alone copies of your DB is to have it down while you copy. And as Ivan points out, the new server will have to be part of the cluster to coordinate access to the disks.
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Actually with ACS 8.7F you can do clones, i.e. split of redundant mirror copies, can't you?