Do you mean 

add node to cluster

Frequent Advisor

add node to cluster

Hi Admins,
related to trucluster v5.1A pk1,(2)ES40 servers
Memory channel interconnect,HSG80 V8.7f ,
I would to remove one node from cluster and add new one ES45 to cluster,
please advise if there are any notes or restrections or any things else cluster is production,
many thanks.
4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: add node to cluster

This works pretty well with TruCluster - no serious gotchas. It can definitely be done "hot" - i.e. with other systems still in production. I would recommend that you move to a newer and supported version of the OS though - 5.1A PK1 is quite old. It would be best to upgrade OS first and get yourself stable before reconfiguring your cluster.
Honored Contributor

Ensure that the cluster member is not holding any services. Use caa_stat.

Ensure that you have a quorum disk configured.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Esteemed Contributor

Moving from 2 to 3 nodes with Memory Channel may imply that you need to implement a hub, which also means downtime as the Memory Channel cards need to have dip switches adjusted.
Valued Contributor

Dear Jousif,

it is very simple, use clu_delete_member command to remove a node and again clue_add_member to add an new node in the cluster. just to make sure that you have noted down sysconfigtab parameters and network configuration, which make the life bit easier ( you can copy sysconfig tab file and rc.config file).

shardha.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event