TruCluster
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

adding disks in Disk Array under trucluster 5.1a

Occasional Contributor

adding disks in Disk Array under trucluster 5.1a

I have to add 4 disk into an enclosure 2200 using HSG80 ACS that is used in a Trucluster( Version 5.1a) consisting of two members.

The costommer needs to put 2 disks into a mirrorset and use each of the two reaining disks independantly.
What I've done is the following:

1/
I have plugged the disks

2/from the laptop connected to the console port of the enclosure I've enterred the following commands:

run config (disks are identified as DISK11000,DISK21000,DISK51000,DISK61000)

add mirrorset VG41 DISK11000 DISK21000

initialize VG41
add unit D41 VG41 disable_access_path=all

I've stopped the process at this point because I'm not so sure to make a good config without your help.
Can anyone give the good procedure till creating filedomains and filesets available for the two cluster members?
THANK YOU A LOT.

Ibrahima BADJI
3 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: adding disks in Disk Array under trucluster 5.1a

Well,to continue, you must find the connections on the HSG80 that represent the HBA's of your cluster-members. You configured D41 with disable_access_path=all which simply means that this unit is not seen in your fabric.

A) So, start to define the enable_access_path values, in order to make the unit visble to the systems.

B) Then you can run
# hwmgr -scan scsi
If correctly configured, the new device will be recognised. (It will have LUN 41)

C) Label the disk
disklabel -wr dsk?? HSG

D) Make advfs domain and fileset (in this example, I take the complete disk - c partition)

# mkfdmn /dev/disk/dsk??c domain_name
# mkfset domain_name fileset_name
# mount domain_name#fileset_name /mountpoint

And that's it.

However, I would recommend you to read carefully the System Administration Manual and the AdvFS Admninistration Manual.
Pointers are:
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_ACRO_DUX/ARH9FETE.PDF
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_ACRO_DUX/ARH96DTE.PDF

These are v5.1B pointers. As Tru64 Unix v5.1A will be EOS end of this month (Feb-29 is the last day), you better go for that version.

Joris

To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the first response.
What will hapen if I delete and recreate the UNIT 41 without invoquing disable_access_path ?
I think the unit will be accessible by all members.
Respected Contributor

Indeed, when you create a unit on a HSG80,the default setting of ENABLE_ACCESS_PATH will be ALL.

With EVA technology, the default for DISABLE_ACCESS_PATH is ALL.

Rgrds
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event