TruCluster
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

boot problem on Ds20e with tru64 Unix Ver 5.1b

Occasional Contributor

boot problem on Ds20e with tru64 Unix Ver 5.1b

Hello;

I have to install cluster with 2 Ds20e and MSA100 after configuring the MSA1000 when i try to see partions on MSA1000 i can't only when i invoke WWIDMGR
but when i try to boot to achieve installation of the cluster a message appear "warning -- main memory zone is not free".
Please can you help to resove this problem.
Thanks
4 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: boot problem on Ds20e with tru64 Unix Ver 5.1b

hi,

At the srm prompt, try it:
>>>init

Hope it helps

Albertino.
Advisor

I suggest to set boot_reset on....
by
Trusted Contributor

warning -- main memory zone is not free message appears if you used something like wwidmgr
just issue the following commands:
P000> init
P000> boot

Mohamed
Honored Contributor

Zrida,
you need to go into WWIDMGR, because the SRM console does not have much 'intelligence' when it has to deal with Fibre Channel devices.

As you have already seen you need to INITIALIZE your system when you want to boot after you were in WWIDMGR. On the other hand you also need to INITIALIZE your system when you have shutdown the operating system and want to deal with WWIDMGR, again. Don't worry - it has always worked that way except on some systems were you have to enter 'SET MODE DIAG' before you can call the WWIDMGR.

In case you are looking for help with the WWIDMGR - a user manual should be on the firmware CD-ROM (I think it is in 'DOC/WWIDMGR.PDF').
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event