Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

caad startup error

Occasional Visitor

caad startup error

I've created clusters before, but I've not seen this error. The creation completes without error (including a second node, but on subsequent reboots, evm logs errors from caad like "CAA exiting, all reserved ports in use." Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Phil
5 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: caad startup error

Sorry, forgot in my haste:

Tru64 Unix and TruCluster v5.1B pk 5, on a two-node cluster of DS20e's. Both nodes boot up fine otherwise, just no caad and related apps.

Phil

Honored Contributor

I don't know anything, but usually, a
complaint like "ports in use" means that
you're trying to run a program twice, and
after the first instance allocates the
port(s) in question, the second instance
can't get it/them (too).
Frequent Advisor

Phil,

Caad uses first available reserved port between 1023 to 512 for communicating with caad on other node. It looks like all the reserved ports in that range are already used by some other applications. You can check if other applications are using those ports by doing:

netstat -an

Maybe you can post the o/p of that cmd.

-Ajay
Occasional Visitor

I checked for duplicate ports with 'netstat -an' and found nothing. Becoming suspicious of the error message itself, I started checking the various system logs, and found in the daemon log "inet_init: *WARNING* IP forwarding disabled!"

Sure enough, I had missed checking the enable IP router box in sysman. After fixing that and rebooting, all was well with CAA.

Some error messages are more helpful than others! Thanks for the imput anyway.

Phil
Occasional Visitor

It's all good!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event