Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dupatch with a cluster node shutted down

Pier Paolo FRASSINO
Occasional Advisor

dupatch with a cluster node shutted down

Hi everybody,
suppose to have a three node cluster, with a member shutted down.
Is possible to run a dupatch on the entire cluster without starting up the third node ?

I have to apply a patch on lsm and if I start the third node vold crahes on the third node. For this reason I would like to keep the third node down, dupatch the cluster and starting up the third node after the patch in order to have it finally fixed.

Any help/suggestion will be really appreciated.

PierPa
2 REPLIES
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Re: dupatch with a cluster node shutted down

You can perform a non-rolling patch installation on a cluster with a member down. (Note, however, that if a member is up when you start the no-roll patch installation but it goes down during the operation, you must bring the member back up in order to complete the patch installation.) When the down member is later booted after the patch operation is complete, it will perform the necessary steps to finish the installation.

Another (somewhat big-hammer) approach would be to delete the problem member from the cluster (you can do this while the member is down), patch the cluster, then re-add the member.

Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Pier Paolo FRASSINO
Occasional Advisor

Re: dupatch with a cluster node shutted down

Martin,
I'll do a non-rolling patch, keeping the third node down. I'll not delete/insert the node from the cluster.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

PierPa