Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

suspending caa

Advisor

suspending caa

Hi All,

I am new to the tru64 world. We have trucluster 5.1A with 2 nodes. is there any way to suspend the cluster on both the nodes so that it does not do the failover while we perform the maintainence on the one node. We have one resource with 9 db are part of one resources. but we want to bring down only 4 dbs. we need to this manually so that other dbs are effected. Please let me know if there is anyway to suspend caa and make it not aware of resources going down.

Regards,
Karim
7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: suspending caa

Not sure if I understand the requirement clearly. CAA finds out if the resource is ONLINE or not using the 'check' portion of the resource script.

Did you check the manpage of 'caa_stop' which talks about stopping a running resource?
Honored Contributor

You can use, caa_stop to stop a clusterized service, you can use caa_relocate to transfer the service from one node to another, and perform maintenance one by one without stopping all services. You can use caa_unregister to temporarily disable a service, then use caa_register again..
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. let me make it clear. we have a db resource which consists of 9 db instances(ORA_INST="SPR SPC LGF SPA COAPTEL1 COAPLNC COAPDVDS COAPIPL COAPMPP1")if I stop the resource it will bring down all the db instances. in veritas we have (hastop -all -forces) which stop the engine but the resources are still under veritas control. I am looking for the same type command in trucluster. We want to manually bring down the 4 db instances instead of stopping the resource. I am not sure when the dba brings down the 4 instaces if the cluster will do the failover to the othernode which I dont want to happen since those 4 db instances are part of the one resource.

Karim
Honored Contributor

I am not aware of any such fine-tuning with caa.
Honored Contributor

Your solution will be to create a caa resource for every instance. You cannot do what you want as the resources are today. One caa script monitors all instances, and if one fail, a recovery process will be run, this may be restart the instance on the same node or a failover of all instances.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Occasional Visitor

So this is the answer I was looking for. Thanks Venkatesh and Ivan for ur time
Regards,

Karim
Advisor

closed
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event