TruCluster
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which files I should modify with the change of the ip_address on tru64 cluster 5.1 server?

xxl_1
Frequent Advisor

which files I should modify with the change of the ip_address on tru64 cluster 5.1 server?

because my company network will be rebuild,
which files I should modify with the change of the ip_addresses on my two tru64 cluster 5.1 servers?

thanks!!
5 REPLIES
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: which files I should modify with the change of the ip_address on tru64 cluster 5.1 server?

I am sure this query was raised in this forum earlier. Could you try using the 'search' feature for possible answers.
Ajay Agarwal
Frequent Advisor

Re: which files I should modify with the change of the ip_address on tru64 cluster 5.1 server?

Edit /etc/hosts file and update the IP & then reboot all the nodes one by one.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

If you want to change the "cluster alias" not the nodes IP, just change the hosts file as described above, if you want to change the nodes IP, see TruCluster Administration Manual.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Archunan Muthiah
Honored Contributor

xxl,

You need to modify all these files with your new clu alias and IP address.
/etc/hosts
/etc/hosts.equiv
/.rhosts file

And if this cluster has been configured as an NFS server, then you will have made entry in /etc/exports.aliases as NFS client will also look into this file.

also if a noncluster host wants access any clu host, then the .rhosts file of that non clu host also shoudl include modified clu alias name.

Archunan
God is Artist, we are all just brushes
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

So many options...

For other hosts, I'd use /etc/hosts
For my own I always used to edit /etc.rc.config and then issue rcinet restart.

Be sure to check 'man rcmgr' (=rc.config) and "man rcinet"

And then there's the cluster aliasses and stuff.

I would check out the "best practice document":
"Moving a Cluster to Another IP Subnet"
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/best_practices/BP_TCR_MOVE_SUBNET/TITLE.HTM

hth,
Hein.