UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Application Recognition

Trusted Contributor

Application Recognition

Hi,

Hi,

Working wih UCMDB 10.10

As per appliation license reporting, it doesnot show the application which is available at customer place i.e. Finacle appiation in banking sector. There are so many processes and ports.

I want to know how the UD will recognized this application as normalised software and to reflect it in Application license report and  how  to make it identify  by UD, what details I need to feed to UD.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nick

8 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Application Recognition

Which job you are discovering with?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

It is Inventory discovery by scanner job.

Regards

Nick

HPE Expert

Hi Nick,

If the application is not already discovered and Normalized you have a couple of options:

1. you can add it to the User.zsai with the files of the application

2. you can again on the USer.zsai create a Rule based recognition for it 

3. If it is found in the scan file and as OS Installed applications you can include these applications from this part of the scan file using the Mapping options. (You can click the help button on the mapping options page of the scan Job configuration)

With respect to teaching an application please check the document attached.(page 132)

Please let us know if you require further details.

Thanks

Figen

HP Support
If you find that this or any post has resolved your issues please mark it as solved.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but still I am facing issue.

I created user.zsai file by analysis workbench by selecting few files and theaching about the application.

It is done on test data flow probe server by copying scan file manually since prbobe is not connected to UMCDB server intentionally.

I copied user.zsai to UCMDB server and from  UCMDB UI, user.zzsai file has been imported to software index pane but I found it is empty. But if I check the samee user.zsai on viewer  application get detected.

But unable to see any details of User.zsai  at UCMB UI.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nick

HPE Expert

Hi Nick,

In UCMDB UI are you not seeing the USer.zsai in the list of SAIs at all? If yes, then please let me know how you imported the User.zsai ? 

If you are saying you are not able to see teh contents of the USer.zsai then you are right, the contents of teh USer.zsai can be viewed using the SAI editor tool. Just make sure you are copying and/or importing the correct USer.zsai from the correct directory.

Thanks

Figen

HP Support
If you find that this or any post has resolved your issues please mark it as solved.
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. Ucmdb 10.20. Scan files are created via Agetless Discovery From RHEL servers. Run Analisys Workbench on the DDM node, identified the files which belongs to my custom application and save this in a file named auto.zsai.

In SAI Editor browsing the auto.zsai I can see my custom application. Auto zsai is imported in ucmdb. I can see my custom application in DataFlow Management / Software Library / Auto.

Run Inventory discovery /preferences / mapping options / configure software recognition / Sai tab auto.zsai is selected, but inventory discovery does NOT discover my custom application.

Any hints? It is the way it should work?

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Plz use Sai editor tool and save the user Sai by another name . it shd not be auto.

Regards,
Nick
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

there is no Save As function in SAI Editor. How to do that? Not enough to rename the auto.zsai file from file explorer??

Chris

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event