UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changes in uCMDB

Regular Advisor

Changes in uCMDB

[ Edited ]

hi alll
i use ucmdb 7.5
i want to learn about change management of ucmdb.
for example
monday i discovered a RAM and i stoped discovery.
after a day later(Tuesdaay) i changed RAM's value.
but i started a new discovery a week later.

so..
can ucmdb says u changed ur RAM value in Tuesday?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Changes in uCMDB

No, uCMDB discovery system can detect the change itself during discovery process, but won't tell you when the change took place in fact.
Regular Advisor

freadyy

You can go to Applications\Universal CMDB\Compliance\compare CIs and chose the RAM that you changed and compare the values between the two days. You need to create views that reflect the update date of the CIs.

Regular Advisor

Hello,

it also depend if the track change is activated or not on the attribut.
Not all are tracked.

Steve
Regular Advisor

hi
how can i activate tracks??
(i use ucmdb 7.5)
Regular Advisor

You need to edit the CIT and modify the attribut.

I don't have an environment to ckeck the exact manipulation, but it should be easy.
Regular Advisor

Hi Freadyy

When you create a view click on Advanced in the View screen, or on the view properties screen for already created view and click on track changes. This helps you to see the difference in the CIs in the view between custom date ranges.
Frequent Advisor

HI
this is the change management works - on every CIT there are few flag you can mark dismark for every attributes: visible,comparble,track changes,assets etc, u can see them in the CIT manager in the attribute session. if the track changes is marked when u generate change report u will see this attributes if not u can mark it but it will be added to the change report form now on only. the change reprot will show which dicovry job tracked the change but ,to be able to see the changes u maust live the discovery active becuase u will not be able to see when the change happend (unles it's a date like boot time etc..)
Hadas
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event