UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DDM Probes & UCMDB

Occasional Advisor

DDM Probes & UCMDB

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

Is it possible to install DDM probes and UCMDB on the same machine? does anyone know if this will cause issues? Better still do you know if there are any issues with HP supporting this configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Youssef.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: DDM Probes & UCMDB

Yes, it's possible. Yes, it's supported by HP. The only issues may be related to performance due to resource (CPU, memory etc.) contention - pretty standard situation when you have more than one software components/applications (doesn't matter which ones or from which vendors) sharing the same box.
Occasional Advisor

Dear Dmitry,

I need your opinion for the following architecture if it could be implemented:

The following BTO products will be installed on different servers as below:
- 1 Service Manager server
- 1 Asset Manager server
- 1 UCMDB & DDM probe server
- 4 CAE servers
- 1 Server Automation & Network Automation server

My question is: Is it possible that the above products share one RDBMS (Oracle) installed on a DB server with instances for each product: 1 Oracle DB instance for SM, 1 Oracle instance for AM...

Did you implement such architecture? Do you think it will work? Logically it should work but i need some confirmation from experts thus to be in the safe side.

Thanks for your help Amigo.

Youssef.
HPE Expert

Youssef, I'm not an expert in all the BTO products you mentioned. We have separate forums for SM, CAE etc. where you may want to confirm if it's okay to share one DB server by configuring separate instances for different products.

I agree with you that it should be possible, and moreover quite typical to have one Oracle DB server supporting multiple applications. In this case you should gather system requirements for Oracle DB from all the products you mentioned and make sure the DB server capacity (CPU, memory, disk space etc.) is enough to meet the requirements.
Occasional Advisor

Dmitri,

Thanks anyway for your time.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event