UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DDM - Server to Network Switch Communications

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

DDM - Server to Network Switch Communications

[ Edited ]

Trying to determine what discovery pattern is needed in DMM in order to create a model where we can show server to network switch relationships. We can see server to IP and server to MAC relationships, however we are not seeing IP or MAC to network switch relationships.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum.- Hp forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: DDM - Server to Network Switch Communications

Valued Contributor

Perform the Layer 2 discovery and then try to create a view
Advisor

Already performed layer 2 discovery with NNMi. I see servers and switches in NNMi and ucmdb, but there does not appear to be any relationships between the servers and network switches in the ucmdb. Any thoughts???
Super Advisor

Hi b06xob !
They haven't direct relationships.
You can show server to network switch relationships similar to screenshot in attach (host<->IP<->Switch).

I hope it'll help.

Best regards,
Alexey.
Best regards,
Alexey
Advisor

Alexy...Thanks for the tip...I was able to locate the layer 2 view folder and make a copy of the existing layer2 views. I modified the layer 2 views to help me create the host to switch view using:
host->interface->interface<-switch

Works like a charm...Thanks to all for the assistance...
Advisor

I was able to locate the layer 2 view folder and make a copy of the existing layer2 views. I modified the layer 2 views to help me create the host to switch view using:
host->interface->interface<-switch
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event