UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DDM discovery processing perfromance issues

Advisor

DDM discovery processing perfromance issues

[ Edited ]

We have created a custom discovery pattern to parse XML files and create custom CI in uCMDB. We need to create around 50K CIs in uCMDB. DDM is processing the CI creation at a very slow pace (approx. 100 CIs/minute). From WrapperProbeGw.log, i could see the discovery script completes the processing of the XML file. But the probeMgr-result-processing.log shows that the discovered results are processed and CIs are created and stored in the probeMgr database at a slow pace.

My question is how can we get this processing speed tweaked and increased to process hundreds of thousands of CIs.

Thanks in advance,
Mugilan

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: DDM discovery processing perfromance issues

As the first troubleshooting step try to force result sending using Probe JMX. It is accessible on the Probe IP on port 1977.

Local_
type=TaskResultsDistributer

And on the opened page you can see "NumberOfCurrentUnsentResults"

Go back and on the page "type=TaskDispatcher" you will find button "flushProbeResults" click it in order to force results sending to the server.

Regards,
Oleh
Advisor

Hi Oleh,

Thanks for replying to my query. I checked the discovery probe JMX console "type=TaskResultsDistributer ". The "NumberOfCurrentUnsentResults" is always showing as 0. But the results are being processed by the probe. In the "probemgr-result-processing.log" I could see several lines like the following one.

<2010-05-06 01:46:20,961> [DEBUG] [JobExecuterWorker-0:Ala Elements_69.52.54.28] (ResultProcessRedundant.java:185) - Storing Result Record in Probe database - Result will be Reported to Server
<2010-05-06 01:46:20,961> [DEBUG] [JobExecuterWorker-0:Ala Elements_69.52.54.28] (ResultProcessRedundant.java:151) - jobID:Ala Elements,className:contains,triggerCiID:6bbec68236f9579efdbd990b8c420e01,cmdbObjID:4381735f2e4bb75450e2221d0a51b48f,objHashID:87f11250a1d2e260e63f3c372567e79c

In the JMX, "type=TaskDispatcher" - "getSummaryReport" shows the summary of the CIs stored in the probe database yet to be sent to CMDB (several thousands actually). Not sure why "NumberOfCurrentUnsentResults" is showing as 0.

I didn't try the "flushProbeResults" yet. I am waiting for the current discovery job to finish so that I can get the data in CMDB. Once the job is finished, I will run discovery with much smaller data set and try the flushresults. I will update the findings here.

Thanks again for responding to this query and appreciate your inputs to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Mugilan

Frequent Advisor

Hi Mugilan,

I believe that getSummaryReport shows total number of CI's being ever discovered by the Probe. That's why it is different from "unsent" results.

Can you attach full result processing log?
And may be wrapper probe gw log?

Thanks,
Oleh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event