UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DDM probe is 10.01 is not starting

Advisor

DDM probe is 10.01 is not starting

Hi Experts,

I have installed probe 10.01in server machine. This machine has already connected to another probe which is installed in different machine.

problem is probe 10.01 which is installed in server machine is not getting started. if I start the probe, it is automatically getting stopped.

can anyone suggest me the suggestion please.

Thanks in advance

prasad

6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: DDM probe is 10.01 is not starting

Hi Prasad,

Do you mean that UCMDB server and Probe are installed on same server? If yes, is the UCMDB Integration service running? AFAIK Probe and Integration service cannot run at the same time.

Regards,

Puneet

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Advisor

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for your reply.

yes, both are installed in same machine and integration services are running.

Can I stop the integration services?

actullay what is the use of integration services?

Regards,

Prasad

Trusted Contributor

Please find the below information from deployment guide:

select Start> Programs> HP UCMDB> Start HP Universal CMDB Integration Service

Starts the UCMDB Integration Service which allows performance of non-Jython-based integration tasks without using a Data Flow Probe if your remote managed data repositories are accessible from the UCMDB Server machine.

Note:The UCMDB Integration Service and the Data Flow Probe (if installed on the UCMDB Server machine) cannot be running at the same time.

You can stop the Integration Services and AFAIK UCMDB Probe will do that job.

Regards,

Puneet

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
HPE Expert

I ditto. Running Integration service is most probably a source of the problem.

Please pay attention that HP not recomending to install UCMDB server and DFM Probe on the same server from performance POV.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Advisor

Thanks Puneet for your reply and valuable suggestion.

actually I have installed DDM probe in different machine which has the OS of windows server 2003.

with this configuration, I cant able to get succeeded with AM Push integration so I am trying by installing the probe in server machine which has OS of windows server 2008 R2.

Do you have any Idea about AM Push integration test connection failed. can you share your mail id so that I can touch with you directly.

Regards,

Prasad

Advisor

Thank you for your reply Dima..

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event